Many people feel that a holiday in California is filled with time spent in Hollywood. They want to enjoy all the activities on offer in Los Angeles from enjoying the thrill rides at Universal Studios to posing with the famous wax figures at the Hollywood Wax Museum. There are endless things to do including visiting celebrity grave sites and spending hours at one of the many beaches along the coast.
There are also some must-see theme parks in Southern California like Disneyland, Knott’s Berry Farm, and Six Flags. A relatively short drive down the 101 freeway takes visitors to San Diego where they can spend the day at a family-friendly attraction like the San Diego Zoo or Sea World.
The beautiful landscape in California allows visitors many scenic pleasures. Plenty of photo opportunities are there from the Joshua Tree National Park to the redwood giants of Sequoia National Park. Any time of year, travelers can swim or ski at Lake Tahoe, Big Bear, and Catalina Island. There is nothing you cannot do in California.
Because of the beautiful climate, Southern California is a year-round vacation spot. Northern California gets its share of rain and snow but there are plenty of things to do there, too. The summer months in Southern California are dry and hot. During the rainy months of December to February, temperatures often reach cool to frigid and things get colder the further north one travels.
What to See
• Explore the beach cities in LA – Malibu, Venice and Hermosa Beach and the city of Santa Monica, CA
• Pay respects to celebrities at Forest Lawn Cemetary
• Learn about dinosaurs and other extinct animals a the still-active La Brea Tar Pits.
• Take in some of the world’s great art at the Getty Center or LA County Museum of Art (LACMA).
What to Do
• Take the whole family to Disneyland
• Take a stroll along Hollywood Boulevard and catch all the landmarks including the Walk of Fame.
• Celebrity-watch as you take in an al fresco meal in Beverly Hills
• Walk or bike across the Golden Gate Bridge.
• Visit wineries in Napa Valley and Santa Barbara.
• Go skiing in Big Bear or Mammoth Mountain.
• Bike or walk on the boardwalk on Santa Monica Beach or take a surfing lesson.